Dairy Goat Keeping
Period: April 2022
The main aim of the project is to improve the livelihoods of 250 farmers by diversifying income sources through dairy goat keeping.
The objectives of the projects are:
- a) To improve dairy milk production for increased income and livelihood to support the Kangaita Tea Factory Catchment.
- b) To promote dairy goat production using crossbreed goats and zero grazing system management practice in the catchment.
Impact and progress
- The project has trained 250 small holder tea farmers in the practice of dairy goat farming providing additional income.
- 250 Goats were distributed to all the groups.
- The groups are still being given support by the county government experts and Factory Field service coordinators.