Commemorating World Environment 2021
As the world commemorates World Environment Day 2021 and the launch of the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration, we reaffirm our commitment to the recovery of ecosystems and conserving ecosystems that are intact across tea-growing landscapes and beyond.
Below are ways that we are supporting Ecosystem Restoration.
- Catalysing a renewable energy transformation in tea growing landscapes with the aim of stopping deforestation.
- Establishing tree nurseries that will provide seedlings for active tree growing in tea growing landscapes.
- Restoration of public forests in partnership with Kenya Forest Service and Community Forest Associations
- Protection of water springs by fencing and educating community members on sustainable use of resources
- Supporting Beekeeping as an alternative source of livelihoods to replace tree harvesting